Design Guidelines are intended to identify the standards and preferences of the University of Nebraska - Facilities Planning and Construction and shall be applied to all remodels and new construction at: The University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK), The University of Nebraska - Lincoln (UNL) and The University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO). They are broken down into the following sections:
- Design Narratives. These convey NU design requirements and preferences to design A/E's.
- Design Specifications. These are to be used for both internal and externally designed projects. The A/E shall be responsible for incorporating these into the project contract documents as well as any deletes / edits / additions required to tailor them project specific requirements.
- Design Details. Same intent and stipulations as Design Specifications.
- CAD Standards. These convey required layering schemes, coloring, fonts, etc. for all construction documents.
- Space and Door Numbering Standard. These are required so we can achieve door and room identification consistency accross all buildings and all campuses
- Wayfinding and Signage.
- Conformance to Campus Master Plan. New buildings and major renovations are required to adhere to the most recent campus master plan.
- Archived Design Guidelines. Past versions of the Design Guidelines can be found here.
- Forms. These are used to request modifications or project specific waivers.
Every effort has been made to insure that these Design Guidelines reflect sound design and engineering principals. However, if any A/E finds that the application any of these Design Guidelines is inappropriate to their project, please notify the NU Project Manager in writing. The existence of these Design Guidelines does not relieve design A/E's from any contractually obligated professional responsibilities.
We welcome suggestions for additions and revisions to these documents. Please fill out the Design Guideline Revision Request form found here.