Contact Brooke Hay email@example.com Capital Projects Manager
Larger projects of $500k or more are initiated through the Capital Project Planning Procedure and includes five steps prior to project commencement:
- Program Concept - Proposal of a project concept by a University faculty, staff, chair, dean or other university stakeholder. The goal of concept proposal is to define a scope of work which translates academic or departmental initiatives into potential facilities needs to determine if a capital construction project is necessary.
- Needs Assessment - Feasibility & Conformance with Master Plan managed and coordinated by IRP & FPC
- Early Budget Estimates - APC Approval of Project Initiation Request (PIR)
- Programming / Planning – gathering information of needs and requirements of the project
- Formal Program Statement – Develop the Program Statement – submit for BOR approval
The requirements and procedures are available at the IRP website:
- Capital Project Planning Decision Procedures (2 pages)
- Capital Project Planning Decision Flowchart (1 page)
After Board of Regents (BOR) approval the typical capital project will proceed through the following phases with the guidance and leadership of FPC project management team.
- Architectural Programming
- Construction Documents
- Post Construction